Re: All-purpose tomato dust?

Can somebody with experience recommend the best all-purpose tomato dust

>for pests? Or maybe just one or two good names?

Sevin

Bad Bob

"Cook him till he's blue, and smother him in onions."

Reply to
Bad Bob

There are several on the market, but I find dusts less effective and also more prone to drift than sprays. Since fungal foliar diseases are more detrimental to tomatoes in most areas than insects, a good fungicide is a must..One brand is Copper Dragon which originally contained a copper fungicide and Rotenone. Recent formulations have replaced the Rotenone with Sevin. If you find a Daconil., Pyrethin formulation, that would probably be the best.

Reply to
FarmerDill

In our last fun filled episode, 07 Jun 2004 15:32:02 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (FarmerDill) proclaimed:

Piggybacking here because the original never turned up on my news feed...

Try Neem oil, it's good for both insects and fungal diseases. Several box stores like Walmart and Lowe's are carrying one by Green Lite or Light, can't remember exactly, under the name Tomato Disease and Insect Control. Just read the label to see if Neem is the main ingredient.

Penelope

Reply to
Penelope Periwinkle

Appropriate posting name. Sevin *is* effective -- it kills everything. Bugs, butterflies, bees.

Reply to
Frogleg

If they are on my tomatoes beans or other veggies they all get sentenced to death. Not as if there aren't enough butterflies and bees to go around. I have established a no fly, no crawl zone in my garden.

Bad Bob

"Cook him till he's blue, and smother him in onions."

Reply to
Bad Bob

Suppose you might want some of those at some point in the future for pollination?

Reply to
Glenna Rose

whuffor?

Reply to