Re: a guidfe to what plants look like when young -or- what the hell is that?

Pat Meadows wrote:

Currently on Amazon.com for $10 & up. I just paid $23 for a new copy a few minutes ago. Hope Pat's recommendation was a good one! :-)
Bill
--
Zone 5b (Detroit, MI)
On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 22:12:18 -0400, Noydb

If we're talking about Park's "Success with Seeds," I've also found it an excellent reference. Hope they'll publish a new/updated version soon, but the out-of-print one is terrific. Good indexes; plenty of color photos; and good info on seed-starting conditions. I really haven't consulted it for weed ID. Pat?
On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 12:39:29 GMT, Frogleg

Right. It's not for weed ID, the plants it depicts are flowers and veggies and herbs, not weeds.
I don't have a weed-ID book, actually but I wish I did.
'Park's Success with Seeds' is the book I check each time I start a seed (except the ones I already know, of course).
Pat

Well, I suppose it *does* have weed ID of an exclusionary sort. If you plant spinach, and have a picture of what a spinach sprout should look like, and something quite different shows up, you can be fairly sure it's not spinach. :-)
On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 22:12:18 -0400, Noydb

It is, presuming you're talking about _Parks' Success with Seeds_.
It's a VERY useful book.
Pat