Re(2): No water. No shade. No hope?

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca writes:

For those that are lucky enough to have rain barrels, Mosquito Dunks will keep the mosquitoes from reproducing. They can be purchased at pond supply stores and feed stores. They work! I put them in my fish pond every month and also drop half a one in each of the bubble basins at our intersection.
It is a natural bacteria the kills the mosquito larvae when they feed but is harmless to everything else. The water can safely water pets and be used in the garden.
Apparently, this year the manufacturer did work in the factory and was out of production for two weeks and got back-ordered really badly with the demand higher than usual. When I stopped at the feed store last week, they only had one package but expected more in a few days. I had purchased two packages a month ago so am well stocked for this year and next year (six in a package). One of the good things about them is that they can be used in places where the water dries up and they will "refurbish" when the water collects again. They are good for about 30 days and are applied one per 100 square feet of water surface.
Glenna
On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 22:14:04 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@pmug.org (Glenna Rose) wrote:

I have a product which sounds similar "Aquabac". Currently have no standing water though.
jcm Toronto, Canada Canadian zone 6, U.S. zone is apparently 4b
Thanks to global warming it's bloody hot here!