Re(2): High Wheel Cultivators

>> Does anyone here use a high-wheel cultivator? I've not been able to >find >> any locally; the closest "in-person" ones that I could locate were 400 >> miles away, in Spokane, Washington. Unfortunately, that was last >spring. >> I lost the bookmark and haven't been able to find their page again. :-( > >I've never used one, but two of my favorite suppliers, Johnny's >
and Peaceful Valley
sell a >Glaser wheel hoe. Pricier than you mention, with lower wheels, lots of >optional accessories including seeder, oscillating "knives" (like a >stirrup hoe), hiller-furrower, three-tine cultivator, etc. I do have >experience with other Glaser products and they are well made (in >Switzerland).

Wheels? You said wheels, plural, does that mean two wheels instead of one like the others?

If so, this may just be like one of those my grandparents have. They had a one-wheel model and a two-wheel model. I'm hoping the one that is at my mother's is the two-wheel model but I suspect it is not, that my sister got that one years ago. However, you have given me hope that I can actually get one, so I'll check it out. So far, I'd not found anything but one-wheelers and I've looked at a bunch of pages, with bunch translated to dozens and dozens.

Thank you especially for this particular info.

Glenna

Reply to
Glenna Rose

Sorry for the confusion: there are (at least) two different basic models. Each has a single wheel.

Reply to
Bill Ranseen