Rain

We had a nice, soft, rain yesterday, last night and most of this morning. About 2.2 inches and everything in the yard seems to be thankful as it is all green and doing well.

There are hopes for more rain this afternoon and maybe through tomorrow. Our friends in Baton Rouge, LA were lucky to be on high ground as the city is badly flooded and may stay that way for awhile. Hopefully they won't get another deluge.

The receiver for my automatic rain gauge quit working this past week, due to rain I couldn't get it down until around noon today. I think the batteries just gave out from the heat but the cup was full of spider webs and spider poop plus dead bugs. Who would have thought spider's would turn the gauge into a condo. Took it down, cleaned it out, put in new batteries, put it back up but in a different location. One where I don't have to step into SWMBO's flower bed anymore, which bed wasn't there when I put the rain gauge up.

George

Reply to
George Shirley

yeah, we finally picked up a little rain here too. so nice to be able to take a break and let the water soak in from above. :)

once in a while one of my gardens may get mowed down... not this year though, but she did ask me several times why i just didn't mow it. chaos is not appealing to her as it is to me. :)

spiders are not a major problem here as much as the bees tend to nest in almost anything like what you mention.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

We're getting more rain at the moment, over one inch overnight and the forecast is for much more today and most of the week. Strong system moving in off the Gulf. We will probably have some flooding in the lower elevations around here. Wife is off to church, another Holy Day for Catholics, she is aware of the low places so is taking the "high road" to Mass, the one that keeps you from flooding your car.

Looks like we might get rain for a few more days, hopefully it will fall like it is now, a gentle rain, no high winds, water is moving off downhill to Willow Creek, from there to the San Jacinto River, then into the Gulf. Hopefully no flooding like Baton Rouge.

Reply to
George Shirley