Quince Mites

I harvested the quinces this weekend planning to make wine of them. I only got about a third of the gross weight as usable quince flesh because there were a lot of bad spots on them. One interesting thing was that many of them had small cavities, about the size of a blueberry, which were covered with a reddish-brown dust. As I was trimming them, this dust would fall to the cutting board. Then I noticed at a couple of the dust specks were walking around. They were much too small to identify without a microscope or lens. Does anyone have any idea what they might be?

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314