Question about my Corriander?

Hi folks, ive been growing corriander in my garden and using it pretty often for cooking. However weve had a lot of sun down here and ive not been using it for a month or so. I went out to take a look today and its now about 3 feet high and has white flowers all over it!

Can i still use it to cook? I didnt realise corriander flowers! Anyhow, it looks very pretty still even if its useless for the kitchen now.

Reply to
gmb27

My experience is that most herbs taste best when flowering.

Reply to
Billy

Your coriander has bolted, this is common in hot weather. I gather you live in a cool area if you haven't seen it before. It needs to flower to make seeds you know, coriander seed comes from the same plant as the leaf.

It will be fine to use in cooking, the leaves will start to get dryer and more sparse but will still be good. If you wait until the seeds are mature you can harvest them, this gives you some to replant and some to grind in your curry.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott