pumpkin plants producing no female flowers

hello,
my pumpkin patch has been producing male flowers for well over three weeks. but not one female! i have been told to give it a few weeks, but that time has already passed. a few years back the same thing happened to me. the whole season went b without producing 1 female flower. whats the story?
needing a female in somerville , ma.
dennis pawlik 617-623-2722
foxglove77;807577 Wrote: > I am having problems with my pumpins too. Both plants produced about 3 > young pumpins at the beginning of growth, which were eaten by slugs. > Now they seem to be producing nothing. How do you know if a flower is > male or female. I have been using a paint brush in a vein hope I can > produce another pumpkin.
Hi! A male flower is on the end of a slim stem & a female flower has a small ball behind it which eventually swells to form the pumpkin.
--
callie