Provado on Tomatoes :(

Hi all and sorry if this has been asked before ( although quite unlikel
as my mum's pretty unique ).
Basically my mum thought she'd fed her 15 tomato plants tomato feed bu after feeding she realised she's actually fed them some stuff called Provado Vine Weevil killer 2.
In a panic she then tried to over water them and subsequently washed i all over her runner beans which were below her hanging basket tomato's
Understandably she's gutted to the point of nearly being in tears so said i'd try and find out of anyone knows how dangerous this Provado i and if there's anything she can do other than destroy all her plants.
Thanks to anyone that can offer advice,
Jim
-- jim38curl
Add pictures here
✖

pretty nasty chemical, it is made to be absorbed directly by the plants root systems, so it will end up in the plants leaves and fruit (so oo kill any insect that eats the leafs). I'm afraid the soil will have to be thrown out too (or better yet just use it for flowers from now on).
steve
Add pictures here
✖
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt  oGkj.2Bk5I_10ANlxXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzaG83NnBoBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMgRjb2xvA3NrMQR2dGlkA0gxMTRfMTI4/SIGprndqfv/EXP13159478/**http%3a//www.cdms.net/ldat/ld6AR005.pdf
I think I would call them.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 19:37:41 -0700 (PDT), "bungalow snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com"

But...but...but... won't it hurt the flowers?
Persephone
Add pictures here
✖
In article <6236df6a-f5a7-461f-8001-ccb793d19c47

We're completely organic here but
A quick dip into the net suggests that the stuff (imidacloprid) remains active in the plant for six weeks.
I'm with someone else who suggested contacting Bayer.
Much as I deplore the use of any synthetic pesticide, rashly tossing food plants would be an error if the solution is to wait six weeks and then start harvesting for the table. --It means you've not lost the whole growing and/or harvest season.
And if that -is- the solution, and there's ripe fruit in the interim I'd pick it, compost it and keep waiting.
May I suggest that colour coding her fertilizers and poisons is a good idea. An obvious thick line of red, green, yellow and black around the neck of every bottle, depending on its use, could prevent this from happening again.
Add pictures here
✖
phorbin wrote:

Storing them in separate locations would help too.
--John
✖
says...

I'd be concerned about something getting stored in the wrong location.
IMO the better way is to engineer the packaging in some obvious way to make errors harder.
Add pictures here
✖
sometime in the recent past jim38curl posted this:

onto) to the hazardous waste recylcling station so that it can be destroyed properly.
This is rec.gardens.EDIBLE isn't it? Not rec.gardens.POISON-ME-A-LITTLE-BIT
--
Wilson N45 W67

Add pictures here
✖