Progress

Over the last couple of days I have transplanted 321 seedlings and planted 36 tomato seeds.

I planted 66 beet seeds and 64 germinated with 140 plants. The other plants are Granex onions, Red Burgundy onions, shallots, spinach, and chard. I still have to start the remaining tomatoes, eggplant, peppers and start on lettuces and herbs.

And we got about 2" of snow yesterday.

Reply to
The Cook

Transplanted to where?

The snow went North of us but it is still too cold for the lettuce to be happy MJ

Reply to
mjciccarel

Surely, you're doing this indoors. Even in 9B, there's still more than a month of frost threat. "Transplanted" would be "potting up" to larger containers?

Last night, I counted 131 germinated seeds from my tomato plantings - in my barn, on a heatmat. I seeded another tray with hot peppers, eggplant, okra, some summer squashes, etc and moved that to the heated mat. (both of these were under humidity domes).

I need to prep my larger outdoor seedling trays (wooden affairs with weed barrier and hardware cloth on the bottom and a screened cover to protect seedlings from birds) and plant beans in a month or so.

You haven't planted enough beets

I've got >100 pea plants (mostly sugar snap type), and several trays of germinated lettuce already - all of that is outdoors. No snow here.

Reply to
Sean Straw