Problem with Damson tree this year.

Hello gardeners!

I am new to this site and not a very experienced gardener. My wife and I moved into our current house about two years ago, and we found we have a Damson tree.

Last year we had many large sweet damsons, this year when we saw them developing we thought ok, same again then.

But, over the last month something has happened to the tree. Many of the leaves have curled up, and gone very dry, almost as though there has been a bonfire near the tree. Some leaves also have holes in them, and some have black spots on.

I fear the fruit has disapeared, I am unable to see any developing now. I wish to try and find out what has happened, and how I can restore the tree to health.

So we registered on this site, to benifit from the pool of knowledge you more experienced gardeners will have.

Thanking you all for any advice you may be able to give. Regards, Mike7

Reply to
Mike7

Any chance of a picture?

David Hare-Scott