Problem reduced ...

Though maybe not eliminated . Trapped a 'possum night before last out in the garden , he (definitely male) has gone to his reward - hey , vultures and other scavengers gotta eat too ! I offered him to a neighbor that likes such exotic fare for his dinner table first , but he declined . I sure as stuffin' wasn't about to turn that thing loose to dig up my garden some more . Time will tell , but I think there was only one . We need a dog ! When we had Goldie (RIP) , we never had a problem with small critters , just an occasional deer munched plant or two , and less of that than we now have .
--
Snag

Terry Coombs wrote:

it's rare that if you have one you don't have more.

good luck! :)
i understand why gardening of old often involved having someone guarding the place...
songbird