Preen

I weed my 300 square foot garden every day so imagine how excited I was for this product. $15.00 and 2 weeks later what a disappointment. At first I think I used too little so I made sure everything green but the plants were cleared out of the space. Then I re applied more densely. Still weeds. Based on the directions the granules are supposed to stay on top of the soil so I amended how I pull weeds trying to not bury the stuff. Still weeds. If there is anyone who can tell me I have done something wrong, please do., If there is anyone still debating buying this product, I would say don't bother. Off to weed the garden, MJ

Hmmm... I no longer use chemicals on my lawn, I want a pet safe lawn.
Most weed preventers must be put down after a rain or early morning dew. The grass must be wet for the chemicals to stick to the weeds for them to do it's job. Weed preventers take a week or two for them to it's job. Read the label if this the case for preen.
Most fertilizers need to be put down dry, just before a light rain so the fertilizers can be soaked into the ground. A heavy rain may wash the stuff away.
Did you apply these methods?

Also... Grab grass is not a weed, it is grass and different stuff is needed.

While grass( not crab but something awful) is one of my biggest problems I wasn't expecting Preen to do anything about that. It is all the other stuff I thought it would help. I suppose I could be being impatient but its not going anywhere so maybe it will work a bit eventually. It has been 2 weeks since the first application, about 1 since the second.

-snip-
I'm pretty sure you're just trolling, here--- but just in case someone comes along that cares-- here are the application instructions from the manufacturer; http://www.preen.com/products/preen-garden-weed-preventer#Application
Jim

I guess you haven't been around the 14 years here I have been then. And thanks, but the instructions come on the container.

Sure did, Used the irrigation system for about 30 minutes after application.
On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 04:55:12 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

My guess is you were too late. I use Preen in the flower beds to keep down weeds and it works great- but I put it on just after temps warm up above freezing. If the weed seeds have already sprouted in the ground Preen won't do anything to them.