potential tomato problems?

Hi all, i'm a completely novice tomato grower and this year have tried growing ailsa craig and black russian.

Ive recently potted them outside into large pots but ive noticed that the leaves have white patches on them and have started splitting/cracking.

Also leaves on the black russian are turning dark purple/brown which is spreading into the leaf.

There are no obvious signs of pests but i'd like a more expert opinion on whether this is a problem and how to tackle it, or whether it's nothing to worry about. I've attached photos.

Thanks all!

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: 2015-05-30 18.28.49.jpg | |Download:
||Filename: 2015-05-30 18.27.43.jpg | |Download:
||Filename: 2015-05-30 18.27.01.jpg | |Download:
tal06

Looks like sunscald. Did you harden them off? Regardless, they'll probably grow out of it.

Reply to
Steve Peek

Hi, thanks for that. I was hoping as much, but the darkening leaves seemed a bit odd to me.

I did harden them off (clearly not well enough). But i thought it strange that even new growth that has appeared while theyve been outside is still showing signs of damage...maybe that's normal?

Thanks again for your response! :)

tal06