Potato question:

Is there a way one can tell from a potato plant above, how many potatoes you got growing below?

Dig and look if they are small just boil and add parsley and butter. Or you can scoop a bit of dirt with your hand but if you do you will end go with the first notion. How many plants are we talking about ?
Bill who thinks the early look sees are the best. Young squash are good flowers are maybe better . This of course not true with tomatoes which are related to potatoes. Weird eh? Immature string beans....
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

http://www.youtube.com/usnationalarchives

I have 3 potato plants in grow bags; one plant flowered well, the second fewer, and the third withered. I was thinking there might be a correlation between the number of "potato berries" and the number of potatoes.

My first instinct response was WHAT. Then after a small amount of reflection I realized I have no clue what a grow bag is and it may portend an interest in growing your own food. This I think is very important. I'm used to 3 or 8 50 foot rows but others may have constraints. I do now as my sun garden is no longer available at my Dad's . Makes for difficult food harvesting fur sure.
Are there community gardens about?
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

http://www.youtube.com/usnationalarchives

Right! Speaking of which, what *are* those green potato berries, fairly certain they are not edible.
Darrell Ulm
Mike wrote:

Not really. My observation is the main difference between a well grown plant and a poor one is not the number but the size of the taters. A good bush may have good sized taters, a poor one cannot.
David
Hi All,

As a general rule the larger the top`s are, the better the potato crop will be. Hope this helps you.
Richard M. Watkin.

No.