Potato plant stem problem

Hi all
Yesterday we had some strong winds which have flattened the stems of my potato plants (main crop growing in bags). It looks as though they've been damaged to the point where they won't straighten up again even if they were tied to stakes.
The plants have flowers on them of which some have opened and others are about to open. Would it affect the potatoes in any way if I cut the stems back or has the damage already been done?
Any help much appreciated.
Lordspudz
--
Lordspudz

Lordspudz wrote:

When the plants stop photosythesising the spuds stop growing, if the plant is damaged but still living growth will slow down. Cutting the damage off will not do much so you may as well stand up as many as possible. How long until frost?
David
Lordspudz said:

I's suggest only cutting back any stems that are very clearly so damaged that the foliage is above is dead or clearly dying (rather than wilting during the day and recovering at night). Save what can be saved.
Keep an eagle eye out for blight or fungus -- the injuries to the plants create opportunities for infection.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

Lordspudz,
It's a shame what the weather can do to our plants. My only suggestion would at least try stakes and see if they hold up better in the wind.