Plum tree not fruiting?

I have an Ouillons Golden Gage plum tree that is around 5 years old and stands around 3.5 metres high by 3 metres spread. I checked before buying and it is self-fertile though I do have a Victoria plum nearby. It has never fruited or blossomed yet always looks healthy so is anybody able to help suggest as to why please?

Thanks Dave

Reply to
Curlytail

Is this tree a full size or a semi-dwarf. If it is a full size tree, it can take several years before it bears fruit, possibly 6 years. Be a bit more patient.

Sherw>

Reply to
Sherwin Dubren

Reply to
Ice Age

No blossoms no fruit. The tree may still be a bit young.

Reply to
Beecrofter

Have you ever done a soil test? I used to live in Arkansas and the gardener that came on TV once a week, used to advise using a "super phosphate" to make trees/flowering plants bloom. We could get it at a Co-op locally in 50 lb bags, and it was rated as 0-52-0. It worked very well on my fruit trees and roses. Since we have moved, I haven't had my soil tested, but I have been told that we don't have to ad that to our soil in Western Kansas.

Dwayne

Reply to
Dwayne