Plum Tree and snow

Hi,
Been a while since I was on these forums.
My Plum tree is in full blossom...and its snowed and seems likely wil do so again. Should I cover the tree (about 12foot) and any tips for ensurin poliination. (self fertile Jubilee on St Julien A, in the west Midlands)
Cheers
-- gasdoctor
gasdoctor wrote:

Hi,
It's the temperatures that will kill the blossoms by freezing them. If freezing has not happened, you may have a chance. One thing I do to increase pollination, especially when their are no insects around to do the job, is to hand pollinate with a cotton q-tip. No guarantees, but you may get some plums out of that exercise.
Sherwin
I dusted off the snow and sprayed the tree to melt the snow.
The fruitlets are starting to form, but its still to early to tell i they ve been properly polinated.
I went round the blossom with my paintbrush (did same with apple an cherry) Fingers crossed Ill get some fruit.
Thanks for the advice
-- gasdoctor