Playing in the Mud.

That seems to be the only way I am going to get the plants in the ground. Just finished the peppers and eggplant. Think I will tackle the cukes and squash in a few minutes. In the late afternoon I will go back to weeding the tomatoes.
My beets are doing well. This is the first year that I have managed to get a decent crop. The chard is also doing well, as are the volunteer collards. I put 9.5 quarts in the freezer. The rhubarb I started from seed has really taken off. No harvesting this first year even tho I may cheat and take 1 piece off of the largest ones.
--
Susan N.