Plants that won't bloom

I moved into a new house about four years ago and brought with me a quince tree, some grape vines, and a lilac bush (among other plants). Although these plants bloomed/bore fruit at my old house, the grape and quince have never bloomed/bore fruit since the move and the lilac bloomed in prior years, but nothing this year. Plants seem healthy and I haven't used any chemicals on them. They are in different parts of the yard and should be getting enough sun, water, etc. Something in common going on here? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Jeff Seattle, Washington

Reply to
JDG

Grape and quince may take a while to settle in is my guess. Is the soil significantly different from where you moved from? Are you over feeding/watering them etc..? Is the position/aspect different to your last yard than before?

// Jim

Reply to
Jim W

The move was less than a mile from the old house and soil here is better. They may be getting a little more shade than before, but everything else is unchanged. Watering: well, it is Seattle, this year I've been watering some because its been real dry. Feeding: haven't really fed them anything and leaf growth looks great. I thought time may cure it too, but it's been four years and these plants were producing before the move. I'm at a loss. Could it have something to do with being planted too deep or shallow?

Jeff

Reply to
JDG

Tricky one and I'm no super expert on Seattle growth! (Coming from the UK;-) But plants flower due to cycles or due to inducements by stresses eg to reproduce for a contiuation of the species. It maybe that they are not there at the moment..

Good luck anyway.. Maybe someone else can shed some more light on this.. // Jim

Reply to
Jim W