Planting Sunchokes

I live in Southern California and I just bought some Sunchokes (Jerusalem artichokes) to plant. Would they do reasonably well just North of a concrete block wall or do they need more sunlight than that?

How deep should I plant them? Should I cut the tubers up or plant them as they are. Do they have a side that should be planted up?

Thank you in advance for all replies.

-- Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY, REALLY good. I'll have some of that!"

Reply to
Daniel Prince