Planting star anise seeds

I thought I was buying star anise blossoms and I got the seeds instead. $6.60 for 6 seeds all the way from Greece. Can one grow these indoors?

I have never grown it so I am not speaking from experience. It comes from south east asia and likes warm and humid conditions and bright light. So I am thinking not much chance as indoors would be too cool, dry and dark, unless you live in a sweat bath and shoot your own movies :-)
David
Whoops. . . . .It was minus 20 F three nights ago. ********* *

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 16:02:06 +1100, "David Hare-Scott"

I easily grow ginger, galangal, turmeric, etc, by summering them in a shaded area outdoors and putting them in a southern exposure in the kitchen in the winter.
Never tried star anise, but now I must...
Boron
On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 10:16:09 -0500, Boron Elgar

Ahh...I see it is from China, although now grown elsewhere (cultivated, not wild) an evergreen, and distantly related to magnolia.
http://www.uni-graz.at/~katzer/engl/Illi_ver.html
Boron
<snip> I see on the packet its latin name is, 'illicium vernum'.