Planted shallots and tulips

Hi , I planted shallots and tulips (Zone 5) and wondered if they should be watered. We haven't been having rain lately. It's about 45 degrees F in the daytime, 20 at night.
Jo
Jo M said:

Was the soil really, REALLY dry? Normally that's something I've never bothered with. But then again, we usually get at least one bout of rain as the temperature shifts down.
How heavy is your soil? If it drains well, watering now certainly couldn't do any harm.