Pink Fir Apple

Hi. Has anyone grown these before. It's a maincrop potato which are supposed to spaced 18" apart but my seed potatoes are small, nothing like as large as other maincrops, but I have read that it crops well. I've also read that spacing also depends on size of seed. So what does that imply for the pink fir apple? Any comments welcome.

Reply to
Bruce

Well, how bad do you need the extra room? If you have the space, I would give them the 18 inches. (I have no experience with Pink Fir Apple, so keep that in mind.) Another idea would be to plant a section at 18" and another section spaced closer. You could find out which section had a better yield and you could see if the wider spacing produced bigger potatoes.

Steve

Reply to
Steve