ping songbird: a theory to run by you

Page 2 of 2
T wrote: ...

:)

great to hear. what else are you growing besides zuchini?

our cucumbers took a hit from the heavy rains, but the vines are not dead and have a few green leaves coming back. so we'll leave them in, it's not like i need the space for anything else.
songbird
On 08/31/2016 01:19 PM, songbird wrote:

I bought a lemon cucumber at half price. I died on me. Lemon cucumbers a e really good eating too. Rats!
When you buy your cucumbers next years and if you remember, would you post the name of the variety. You have made me extremely interested!
T wrote: ...

burpee cucumber and pickling cucumber that is all the labels had written on them. if i remember i'll ask the greenhouse people. Ma stopped in today to drop off a few quarts of things for them -- i coulda had her ask.
the burpee cucumbers get huge (the size of my forearm) the other kind stay shorter. i have to harvest about once a week when they are blooming. right now they are on haitus abit, but a few blooms are showing up.
songbird
On 08/31/2016 01:19 PM, songbird wrote:

Hi Songbird,
Well now. That will get me talking!
7 sweet 100 cherry tomatoes 2 Box Car Willie tomatoes 1 Ace (1/2 price) tomato
1 poblano (ancho) chili 2 Sandia Chimayo (new mexico red) peppers 1 is still sick, the other is covered with peppers. I am going out of my mind waiting for them to turn red.
garlic red shallots
purslane
two eggplants (1 free and 1 half price)
two sunflowers (blew in wild)
7 tomatillo (6 wild, 1 Amarillo that escaped the earwigs)
2 cantaloupes (they are not doing too well)
1 rosemary (alive, but not growing)
Not for eating: two Ponderosa pines about 18" high
Front yard is full of hollyhocks. They have mostly gone to seed, but I still have a few flowers. My front yard was gorgeous when they were all in bloom.
They have made a slave out of me: More water! Less water! I'm too hot! I'm to cold! What are you doing with my offspring? A bug! A bug! A bug! Bring me my slippers!
Okay, that last one may be a certain particular funny bunny that seems to like me for the last 42 years.
-T