ping songbird: a theory to run by you

We have young avocado trees coming up every where. Seems they don't compost easily. We also have a lemon tree about three feet tall now. We had one in Louisiana and must have brought some seeds with us. This lemon is actually a cross between a lemon and a grapefruit, they have fruit the size of a large grapefruit but taste like lemons. I'm hoping this one will survive as we used to make a lot of lemon jelly, put up lemon juice, etc.

We're waiting to see about the avocados, they need males and females to make fruit, surely there is a variety of sexes there.

Miz Anne's sisters flew in from Maryland today. Big wedding in the family here very soon so the whole crew is showing up.

Reply to
George Shirley

I bought a lemon cucumber at half price. I died on me. Lemon cucumbers a e really good eating too. Rats!

When you buy your cucumbers next years and if you remember, would you post the name of the variety. You have made me extremely interested!

Hi Songbird,

Well now. That will get me talking!

7 sweet 100 cherry tomatoes 2 Box Car Willie tomatoes 1 Ace (1/2 price) tomato

1 poblano (ancho) chili

2 Sandia Chimayo (new mexico red) peppers 1 is still sick, the other is covered with peppers. I am going out of my mind waiting for them to turn red.

garlic red shallots

purslane

two eggplants (1 free and 1 half price)

two sunflowers (blew in wild)

7 tomatillo (6 wild, 1 Amarillo that escaped the earwigs)

2 cantaloupes (they are not doing too well)

1 rosemary (alive, but not growing)

Not for eating: two Ponderosa pines about 18" high

Front yard is full of hollyhocks. They have mostly gone to seed, but I still have a few flowers. My front yard was gorgeous when they were all in bloom.

They have made a slave out of me: More water! Less water! I'm too hot! I'm to cold! What are you doing with my offspring? A bug! A bug! A bug! Bring me my slippers!

Okay, that last one may be a certain particular funny bunny that seems to like me for the last 42 years.

-T

T wrote: ...

burpee cucumber and pickling cucumber that is all the labels had written on them. if i remember i'll ask the greenhouse people. Ma stopped in today to drop off a few quarts of things for them -- i coulda had her ask.

the burpee cucumbers get huge (the size of my forearm) the other kind stay shorter. i have to harvest about once a week when they are blooming. right now they are on haitus abit, but a few blooms are showing up.

songbird

Reply to
songbird