Pimento Peppers

Does anyone have a favorite variety of pimento pepper?
I have decided not to grow bell peppers this year. I am not some <haughty sniff> uncivilized barbarian who eats unripe peppers, and getting bell peppers to succulent, ripe perfection on the plant is challenging here in the Mold and Mildew State.
So, I'm trying different sweet, non-bell peppers. I love the Corno De Toro peppers, and I'm going to try some of the sweet paprika peppers, this summer, too. I'd like to add in some pimento peppers, as well, and I was hoping for some suggestions on what some of y'alls favorites might be.
Thanks
Penelope
Hey PP:
As I mentioned before Figaro has been good for me. I stopped growing Bells years ago. Pimentos stuff better, taste better and ripen faster. I use them just like bells, even freezing shopped green ones.
I am trying Tennessee Cheese this year. They look identical to Figaro.
Staking is a must, the plants get 6 feet tall and the peppers are heavy. Fungus, never had a problem on them.
I have pics somewhere of our last bounty year... not last year.
Hab seeds get planted this weekend!
John!

This year we tried sheepnose peppers (weird name, but good). They are meaty and sweet. We live in Seattle and grew them in a greenhouse. We had no diseases or notable pests and they produced well in an unremarkable season. I envy those who live in good pepper-growing climates. This was our first attempt at peppers and we'll be at it again this year!
Angela

Try http://davesgarden.com/pf/search.php?search_text=Sweet+pepper+pimento&subm it=Search There a lot of pimento peppers in this database but these are the ones with pimento in the name.
On 22 Jan 2005 02:16:30 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (FarmerDill) wrote:

Oh dear....more peppers that I've never heard of.
I'm gonna need a bigger yard...
Penelope
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 05:12:49 GMT, Angela Dougherty

I've become such a pepper geek, I just love trying new peppers! I've looked at the sheepnose peppers before, but I've never tried them. I'll look at them again.
Thanks
Penelope
On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:58:12 -0500, "GA Pinhead"

Figaro sounds like a good one, and since we're both in the South, I bet it'll do well for me, too.
Thanks!

I tried them one year, but I made the mistake of planting them on the shade side of some habs. The habaneros grew so fast they put the Tennessee Cheese peppers into shade. I ought to give them another chance.

Wow, it's still too early for me to start planting peppers. I did start my Stupice tomatoes this weekend.
Penelope