Picture of farml s enviro friendly car

nice one farml rob

-- Posted on news://freenews.netfront.net - Complaints to snipped-for-privacy@netfront.net --

Reply to
George.com

I recently had an idea for a car. You place a big fan blade mounted on top of the car. It's as wide as the car and is tucked away flat to the roof when accelerating. When you press the brake pedal lightly, it raises the fan to slow you down. Of course, the fan blades run a generator that stores energy in a battery. The battery then supplies power for part of the car's needs. Of course, if you press the brake pedal harder, it activates the real brakes and wastes the energy, but saves you from a crash. No, I don't think it will work, but it might recapture a lot of energy for those living in hill country. Seriously, there would be a better way to do the same without the fan. When you down shift to let the motor slow you down, have a generator slow you down instead. It's just that the above picture reminded me of the idea that blew through my mind the other day.

Steve

Reply to
Steve