Pickling Walnuts

Unfortunately pickled walnuts are unavailable in my neck of the woods, to be more precise: Europe, The Netherlands. Now my garden-calendar informs me that NOW is the time for picking walnuts & pickling them.
Here's what I would like to know:
- Is it indeed that time? My local veggie-farmer has a couple of walnut trees, so I can now ask him if I can pick some unripe walnuts.
- Can anyone out there get me a recipe for picling walnuts?
Thanks in advance...

*** Is This A Dead Parrot I See Before Me ***