Pickling Walnuts

Hello,

Unfortunately pickled walnuts are unavailable in my neck of the woods, to be more precise: Europe, The Netherlands. Now my garden-calendar informs me that NOW is the time for picking walnuts & pickling them.

Here's what I would like to know:

- Is it indeed that time? My local veggie-farmer has a couple of walnut trees, so I can now ask him if I can pick some unripe walnuts.

- Can anyone out there get me a recipe for picling walnuts?

Thanks in advance...

Reply to
Waldo Centini