Picking the garden

Hi Songbird,

You know you guys could really hose me I know so little about this stuff. Radish tops from the store are AWFUL. So, I am trusting you are not pulling my leg here!

Thank you!

-T

The crinkly stuff that won't fit well in packing containers and won't be sold or the flat shippable stuff in the stores?

Does it taste better than the store stuff? Is the oxalic acid lower?

I don't thank anyone on here would yank your chain. What's left of us is pretty serious.

Reply to
George Shirley

Mostly, if taken fresh. Have no idea of the oxalic acid levels. Just know it's tasty, seldom dies back in my climate, and that it drops a lot of seeds. The leaves get about as big as an American quarter so it takes a lot of picking to make a mess.

Reply to
George Shirley

T wrote: ...

i only like the sprouts, first few leaves when they are very small. i don't even try them when they get bigger.

the daikon radish i pulled the other day was a foot tall and had a tap root a foot long. it was tough and hot. i didn't eat any more of it. i just grow them to cover a space quickly and to help break up the soil.

songbird

Reply to
songbird