Percy Schmeiser Claims Moral Victory in Seed Battle Against Monsanto

It may seem like a small thing, but......
Finally, a victory for the Schmeisers.
This is important for all of us who garden and produce our own food and beauty.
--
Screw Monsatano
Charlie

It's a great win for Percy, but a small blow against the Monsanto Monster. I hope the tides are changing.....
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Only if more farmers refuse the gag order.
says...

Schmeiser's case in Canada anyway should prove that farmers can refuse the gag order... Collecting may be another issue after the order, but the point has been made.
Does anyone know of a survey to determine the extent of the Monsanto RR gene's crossover into unmodified seed and/or wild stock.

This is way over my head.
Bill
http://www.edmonds-institute.org/fullmanualpr.pdf
http://www.edmonds-institute.org /
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

snipped-for-privacy@newsguy.com says...

Every precedent counts.
phorbin wrote:

The trouble is that it's an out of court settlement so it has no value as legal precedent.
--John
says...

That doesn't sound quite correct to me. --Not being a lawyer, I won't/can't argue the point but I will pose the question to an acquaintance of mine if an opportunity arises.
That said, the out of court settlement looks like damage control to me. They want to get out before they wind up in a constitutional pickle.

Let me save you some time, it ain't precedent.

I have kinda wondered why either Canada or Mexico haven't raised a stink over GMO. I have to believe some carryover, if just from bird doody, must cross their borders. Hmmm.
In article

I try for at least a week of bliss. Ignorance seems to ebb and tide. Think like this comes to mind. What to trust may be ........................
Bill but I'd hazard a guess not to many of my extended family has a clue what this suggests.
Media Media Media no wonder Murdoch wants it as I guess he is lost in our world too.
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 23:31:15 -0500, Charlie wrote:

It's a small chip in the fortress, but it makes my heart glad. Thanks for the info, Charlie.

You betcha! Death by a Thousand Cuts, I hope.
BTW, The Easter Bunny left all of us a cute greeting over in alt.binaries.pictures.gardens. You and Billy might get a giggle.
I did.
Charlie
On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 12:38:01 -0500, Charlie wrote:

ROTF!

Hope was damaged in shipping.