Pepper question

What kind of pepers are those small yellow pickled ones you buy in the store. I want to buy some seeds and cant find them.
Thanks

Pepperoncini, just like it says on the bottle.
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars

No not those the little yellow ones. They are called hot chille peppers. They are about an inch long.

aluckyguess wrote:

I think you are talking about "sport" peppers. http://www.tomatogrowers.com/hot5.htm
Bob
The Santa Fe look close and so do the casacabella. I will Try them.
Thanks

http://www.gardenguides.com/seedcatalog/vegetables/pepperpepperoncinigree k.asp
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars
The link doesnt work. I think you have to be a member.

Very odd. I'm no member and http://www.gardenguides.com/seedcatalog/vegetables/pepperpepperoncinigree k.asp works easily for me. I would suspect Admiral Poindexter or witchcraft. But then, of course I would. Try again. Pepperocini are supposed to be sorta hot but they aren't as hot as they used to be. Same thing is happening to ja-lap-pen-nos that you buy in the store. Marketing knows that the eyes want to buy hot and the tongue wants to buy sweet. Same thing with Extra Dry (dry of sugar) sparkling wine, which is very sweet.
Sugar is fine. Sweet wine with sweet meals (saurebraten, meat with fruit, sweet and sour). Dry wines would taste like battery acid with a sweet course. But sugar covers flavors. A wine maker can make a mistake in a sweet wine and let the sweetness cover it up. With a dry wine, there is no place to hide. A good dry wine is a well made wine but it probably will require the oils and greases of the food to take the sour edge off of it. Wines are around .7% acid (7 grams per liter).
All of which have nothing to do with the sandwich that you buy at the deli counter that offers pepperocini as an option.
They used to be hot.

--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars
Garden Guides - Page Not Found The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or could be temporarily unavailable.
Please try the following:
a.. If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
b.. Open the www.gardenguides.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want. c.. Click the Back button to try another link. HTTP 404 - File not found: http://www.gardenguides.com/seedcatalog/vegetables/pepperpepperoncinigree
Return to Garden Guides.

URL too large for one line. Remember to add the " k.asp " of the second line. The whole URL is:
http://www.gardenguides.com/seedcatalog/vegetables/pepperpepperoncinigree k.asp
Bonne chance.
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars
I know what the pepperoncini is. Those are mild when pickled.

Check here. They have about 3 pages of hot peppers listed with pictures and descriptions. I have been very satisfied with their seeds and service.
http://www.tomatogrowers.com/index.html
--
Susan N.