pepper problem

I recently planted some pepper seedlings and the new growth is coming out all "crinkly" looking....see a photo at
http://home.earthlink.net/~cabrice/pepper.html
This particular pepper is a Poblano but all my others (Bell, Cayenne, Jalepeno) are doing the same thing. This same thing happened last year and some plants recovered and some plants didn't. I took great care this year to plant in optimum soil and don't feel like I'm watering too much or too little. Can someone help me before all my pepper die?! Thanks, Craig
il 12 May 2004 20:39:33 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com (C.A. Brice) ha scritto:

Weedkiller can affect seedlings like that. Maybe there's some in the soil?
--
Cheers,
In our last fun filled episode, 12 May 2004 20:39:33 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com (C.A. Brice) proclaimed:

It looks as though you have some sort of sucking insect. Check for aphids or whiteflies. Spraying with a soap solution would take care of the immediate problem, but you might want to look into some ladybugs or lacewings to control the pest populations.
Here's a nice site for diagnosising problems: http://www.fiery-foods.com/dave/pests1.asp
Penelope
Your link would not load for me, however in my experience what you may be encountering is the transition of the pepper plants suffering "withdrawls" from their undoubtedly high nitrogen infancy to your garden soil. Lots of growers raise those seedlings and essentially over feed them, then when you get them they don't have their "fix" of nitrogen in your soil. Most home gardeners soils are deficient in fertility, usually as a result of a lack of organic matter. My soil is heavily amended about every other year with copious amounts of compost, and even with that I can transplant peppers and for about the first month I get the "crinkly" leaves, but they soon adjust and begin to get healthy and produce like crazy. If you are interested I can provide pics of my peppers in a day or two. The varieties range from bells to habaneros and were originally planted about 1 month ago and were about 4 inches tall. You might be surprised. Tom