PEI Onions?

I know, I know. This post should be about potatoes, but it's not. Last summer when visiting PEI I stopped at a roadside farm stand and picked up various items for that evening's dinner. Among these were a bunch of small, squat, greenish white onions. As it was an honor system farm stand I was unable to inquire about what variety of onions these may have been. Anybody know? Thought I'd try to plant some this year.
Thanks,
J.

There are quite a few possibilities. You may want to start looking among the cippolini types. Most are yellow skin, but whites do exist.
Cippolini. Been looking around and yes, some of these do seem to be what I found at that roadstand. Thanks a bunch! (pun intended).
J.

YouCanCallMe snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net says...

"An honour system farm stand"? Like nobody there, and just a box to drop in your payment?
--
Want Freebies?
http://www.TheFreeStuffList.com /

Pretty common. I've used 'em in California and Hawaii, anyway.
contains these words:

That's right. Still in use in rural UK; not just at farm gates but houses too . You can find veg, bunches of flowers, eggs, home made jam, honey, plants, even secondhand books laid out on a little stand at someone's gate or front porch, with a price list, and just leave the money. It's never a box for the money, IME. Just a big screwtop jamjar so the buyer can put his money in and take out what change he needs, and paper money notes stay dry and don't blow away. .I used to sell eggs that way at our roadside gate, whenever the hens were laying more than we could use.
Many small private gardens which open to the public, just have an honesty box at the gate for the entry fee, often with plants for sale, and a guide map to take round with you then leave for the next person.
Janet (Scotland)

Yep, there all around here, too.
--
Ann