?? peas companions

I have one empty 3'X8' raised bed in which I intend to plant green peas within the next day-or-so. My trellising method leaves a good-sized (too big to suit me!) area unused and with plenty of sun. Does anyone have any actual *experience* he/she may impart about interplanting a lower-storey vegetable or ground cover with peas? Success stories?

Reply to
<balvenieman