Pears - Pears.jpg (0/1)

Hi,
I am in Sussex, UK, amnd have two pear trees. One however, seems to be having fruit which are splitting, as per the photograph.
Any idea what is happening? What can I do?
I'm not sure about pears, but apples and tomatoes in my experience split due to uneven water availibility. You can watch that for next year. The splitting may not be a problem in the taste of the pear, but if you are concerned about giving the fruit to other people, they may be put off by it.
Sherwin D.