Path Edging

I want to put a path down the centre of my allotment and contain it within a wooden framework.

I am thinking of using long lengths of gravel boards, on either side of the path, that are 6" x 1" and screwing these onto 2ft 6" stakes that I will hammer into the ground. Is this a good way to go?

The stakes are 2" x 2" and I am thinking of cutting the ends to a 45 degree angle so as to ease them into the ground when I hammer them in. Is this good or would a shallower angle be better?

Ed

Reply to
Ed

Doesn't really pay to make your own... it's plenty cheap enough at Loews/HomeDepot, and much better quality concrete than what you can prepare yourself. Only difficult part is to haul it home, but still way less laborious than preparing your own.

Reply to
brooklyn1

We laid a path down the centre of ours, rabbit fences make side paths a pain, and used old (London type) paving slabs which we got cheap from a reclamation place. Very heavy but movable with two doing the job, a sack trolley helps too. Wear strong gloves. The firm we used delivered them to the allotment free.

Reply to
Bob Hobden