paprika

I bought some fresh paprika in Hungary. How long is it good for storage?

Reply to
Sly boots 9

Keep out only what you need within a month and keep the rest tightly sealed in the freezer. If you have a Tilia or the like, you can vac seal it to freeze.

What kind did you get? Sweet or hot? Were you in Budapest? Lovely city, isn't it?

Boron

Reply to
Boron Elgar

It's good, for certain values of good, almost indefinitely. However, the flavor will start to fade, until it's no better than that tasteless red stuff you can get in the local grocery stores. I always thought paprika was just for decorating, not flavoring food until I started growing my own. Wow, what a difference!

Penelope

Reply to
Penelope Periwinkle

il 09 Jan 2005 19:41:02 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@cs.com (Sly boots 9) ha scritto:

Mine lasted a few years but then it went a horrible colour and lost its flavour. So 1-3 years, depending on storage condtions.

Reply to
Loki

Reply to
Pig Brothel