paprika

I bought some fresh paprika in Hungary. How long is it good for storage?
On 09 Jan 2005 19:41:02 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@cs.com (Sly boots 9) wrote:

Keep out only what you need within a month and keep the rest tightly sealed in the freezer. If you have a Tilia or the like, you can vac seal it to freeze.
What kind did you get? Sweet or hot? Were you in Budapest? Lovely city, isn't it?
Boron
On 09 Jan 2005 19:41:02 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@cs.com (Sly boots 9) wrote:

It's good, for certain values of good, almost indefinitely. However, the flavor will start to fade, until it's no better than that tasteless red stuff you can get in the local grocery stores. I always thought paprika was just for decorating, not flavoring food until I started growing my own. Wow, what a difference!
Penelope
il 09 Jan 2005 19:41:02 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@cs.com (Sly boots 9) ha scritto:

Mine lasted a few years but then it went a horrible colour and lost its flavour. So 1-3 years, depending on storage condtions.
--
Cheers,
no fear of overdose pesticide in hungary?