Over-wintering Aubergine plants?

Has anyone ever tried this?
I have a collection of Aubergine plants that have given me some wonderful produce.
However, they weren't particularly quick to grow and though they produced lots of flowers, not many germinated (I realise this requires technique).
It seems a real shame to ditch them and do it all again next year. Is it worth trying to bring a couple into a warm conservatory over winter then try the same plants again next year?
Colin ----- (Sorry - no direct email. Please reply via the newsgroup)
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 17:56:44 +0100, Colin Malsingh

It's never required any technique for me (in the northeastern USA). I just leave them alone and they pollinate themselves, or are pollinated by bees, or whatever they do to pollinate.

I'd try it.
It might help if you told us approximately where you are.
I realize you're saying 'aubergine' instead of 'eggplant', but I think that could be either the UK, Ireland, or Australia, probably New Zealand too. It could be France, for that matter.
Pat
--
To email me, remove the trap and type my first
name in its place.