OT English System vs Imperial System of Measure

The only uniquely Australian measurement I know of involves "a cut lunch and a water bag"

Mike

Reply to
Bloke Down The Pub

Sydharb

David Hare-Scott

find the terms are mostly semantics. Like the Term "American System" is mostly the "English System".

Reply to
Nad R

Describing a situation, is math?

Reply to
Billy

And the brain farts just keep on coming ;O) Don't read what I write, read what I mean, and I meant a pound, not a kilo (but then it's not mass is it? :O( Rats! It would be volume divided by force [I see that a pound is now also considered mass, but back in the day, mass was measured by slugs, which brings us back to the garden.];O)

Reply to
Billy

LOL. Now this is much more fun than Weights and Measures. What about being a few roos short in the paddock? Hasn't got all the chairs at home? A few slabs short of a barbie?

Reply to
FarmI

I wouldn't have thought so, but I assume you must have had a reason for saying it was.

Reply to
FarmI

LOL. Good one, but is it officially a unit of measure?

Reply to
FarmI

"Australian System" of measurement is not supported by anything on that site. In fact just the reverse. The Australian Government Legislation states quite specifically that Australia uses 'the International system of Units'.

As a nation, I'm sure we'd like to think we can punch above our weight but I don't know any Aussie who'd be so arrogant as to claim that an 'International system' is an Australian one.

Perhaps you could correct Wikipedia's entry:

FarmI

Would I pull your leg?

David Hare-Scott

Yes you would you rogue!

Reply to
FarmI

Only in the land of Down Under.

But then I Googled "sydharb" first on the list was Unusual measurements.

dog is back in the house and his "Dog Years" are getting shorter and I am going back to sleep and get a few more "Decimalisations".

Reply to
Nad R

Reply to
Nad R

Well here's your chance to make it make even less sense than it does now.

Reply to
FarmI