OT Ah heady days with simple tools and real heart

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/04/business/04gavin.html?_r=1&hpw
I remember using a texas instrument Calculator that had a little hidden game called I believe moon landing. This when hand pulled calculators ruled and VPC (Vapor Phase Chromatography) was measured by hand and calculated. 1970 Since then the food supply seems to have drifted to large machines and food values are printed. So there was progress but fresh at grandmas still rules.
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/play/snake-oil-supplements /

Texas instruments SR52 calculator. A nice little calculator that served me well. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Lander_(video_game)
I also programed lunar lander on my old TRS-80 model one computer for this game. Hard drives were non existent then on the first personal computers, I used a cassette recorder to save data. Then I remember programming an old IBM auto-coder and using keypunch cards and paper tape for recording information. The simple days. But not old enough during the hard wire boards for programming.
If you are looking for a more up to date tool for a mathematics calculator go here: http://www.spacetime.us/
Since I installed space time calculator on my iPad for $20. I have not touched my TI-89 titanium, $150 US, calculator. I think I will give the, obsolete piece of junk, TI-89 to my nephew. However ten years ago I thought that TI-89 was the neatest thing in existence. I have old HP calculators lost in my closet also.
Sorry to here about Mr. Gavin passing.
--
Enjoy Life... Dan L (Garden in zone 5a Michigan)