Oregano or Basil?

Page 3 of 3
On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 11:34:23 -0500, Penelope Periwinkle

Cuban, not Mexican!
D'oh...need more caffine.
Penelope

Well, it looks like, from the pictures, that there are at least two different plants called Mexican Oregano. :-) The one from this website:
http://www.nativesoftexas.com /
Looks exactly like mine, and I bought mine from "It's about Thyme", a nursery in Austin.

It happens! <G> Try googling for "Salvia" and get really confused! There are a number of varieties of those, including a tropical one that is psychoactive! <lol>

From the leaf shape, I'd not be surprised. The leaf of the marjoram is more green and long and slender while most oregano leafs are roundish.
I hope my Marjoram survives! I got it started late last fall and it sill looks a bit puny. I have my herb garden in a long slender bed on the West side of the house. The herbs seem to do well there and get mostly western and southwestern sun.

Ok. :-) Does the Marjoram plant get as big tho'? That would be nice as I have mine planted on the opposite end towards the back yard.

Cool link! So Marjoram is a variety of Oregano! I did not know that!

Where do you live?

Kids smoking pot would claim to be smoking Oregano! ;-D

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

There is no need to change the world. All we have to do is toilet train the