Opinions please, Farmer Seed and supply Farmerseed.com

I am contemplating an order to Farmer Seed, from their catalog. I am looking for opinions from people who have purchased from them before. The purchase will consist of some live plants, as well as seeds and bulbs. Thanks in advance--Scott
Zone 5 NEPA

looking
purchase
Stay away. 32 negative out of 36 comments on garden watchdog.
http://gardenwatchdog.com/c/235 /
--
Bob Provencher
ICQ 881862

Bob Provencher wrote:

Several years ago, I ordered some plants from Farmer Seed and I was pleased with the plants and the service. At that time, they were a privatly owned business that had been in the same family (I believe) for decades. They had a good reputation. Right after that, I heard the family sold the business to a bigger company. I didn't happen to buy from them after that. It sounds like the new owners ran it for the profit and without the pride and caring that a family owned business might have.
Steve

They sold to plantron. I have experienced thier customer service through Burgess, and it is horrible.
--
Bob Provencher
ICQ 881862