Onions & Haircuts

After my onion seedlings came up, and while they were still in flats, I gave them haircuts to stimulate bulb growth. Now that they're in the gaden, shouldn't I be doing the same thing? I don't see any reason I can't clip them to about 4 or 5 inches and let all that energy go into bulb formation.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
Chris

What energy? It is the tops that convert sunlight into energy. Plants don't do well if you remove too many of their leaves.

Reply to
FarmerDill