okra

Has anyone tried to dry okra? What is the best way to preserve okra?
I like to can it. The recipe for canning it is easy and when you rinse it a few times after opening the jar, you can use it in gumbo or fried without the slime. Send me your e-mail address if you would like a copy of my recipe.
Dwayne

I've allowed it to mature, then dried it and gathered the seeds. They are fantatic eaten as a boiled grain IMHO!
I understand that canning or pickling is most suitable (or blanching/freezing).
Cheers!
--
Om.