Oil of cloves on pepper plants?

Hi, I'm looking for a safe insecticide to use on bell and chilli pepper plants to control blackfly. I was wondering about using diluted oil of cloves but I'm not sure if it would taint the taste of the peppers, or if it's even safe to use on peppers?
Any advice appreciated.
Thanks.
--
J R HARTLEY

Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 31, 4:41 am, J R HARTLEY <J.R.HARTLEY.

black aphids or black fly? Black fly here are biters... not plant eaters
if they are aphids try here: http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7404.html
http://www.clemson.edu/extension/hgic/pests/pesticide/hgic2770.html
try real soap or soap mix such as your clove oil
Neem Oil may work for you, I find diatomaceous earth better ( a turkey baster will work for dusting or mix w/ water to spray)
Add pictures here
✖
Thanks for the reply.
After some more research, I think they're actually fungus gnats. I'm going to remove the top layer of compost and replenish with fresh compost and then try some potato slices laid on the compost which attracts them apparently.
--
J R HARTLEY

Add pictures here
✖
J R HARTLEY;912045 Wrote:

But this cannot control the real source of insects.
--
londeed

Add pictures here
✖