Oh noes! Does!

FIVE of them across the road, feeding on the buds / twigs of apple trees. That's more at one time than I've ever seen before.

I was hoping the harsh winter would have hit them hard. Perhaps some fool has been feeding them?

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

I chased 5 of them out of the back yard this morning. I too hoped winter might have knocked a few off. My wife won't let me hunt them and it is illegal to hunt within 200 yards of an occupied residence.

With all the snow, they have been particularly hard on ivy around my house:

Frank

I have a herd of five (white tail) that are regulars. They don't even wait for dusk anymore.

I'm not *trying* to feed them. I discovered this winter that they can eat from my bird feeder. This is the year that I put up deer fencing on the vegetable garden. Unfortunately, that leaves all the ornamentals for them to eat.

Reply to
Drew Lawson

songbird

Reply to