Of Base

According to my "google numbers" there a lot of folks look here a lot yet no one says anything. Why is that? MJ
In article

Could you make yourself understandable?
--
E Pluribus Unum

Know where your money is tonight?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Growing edibles is a dark and arcane art. As Grandmaster Fu Yu Tu once remarked
Cold expectoration of winter upon the coruscating lemon. Violence flares and lo microfloral allies exeunt! The tiny grub of understanding finds refuge in the cauliflower, but rarely in the cheese sauce.
David

And I am understandable? Or was that the point?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You were asking why there are many browsers of the NG but few posters.

Exactly, so is there an answer?

As I see it most posts are on topic, there are very few flame wars and once an on topic question has been answered satisfactorily then the thread has no more posts. Other "posters" still check the threads as they often contain valuable information which is digested but not replied to.
All in my opinion and quite possibly erroneous.
Mike

That makes sense. I guess gardeners are folks of few words. And so I guess this one is done :)
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

As far back as there have been estimates of the number of readers on UseNet that number has always been vastly larger than the number of posters. The effect is not as strong as the small number of letters to the editor compared to the high number of newspaper subscribers but it is the same effect. Maybe because the name is "newsgroups" many treat it like the newspaper and only read. Or maybe it is a lot more effort to write than it is to read. Long ago I deliberately chose to post actively to practice my writing skills rather like some people chose to pursue every public speaking engagement they can to practice their speech making skills.
Anyways, check the numbers for a bunch of other groups. The ratio is not unique to RGE. It is Usenet wide. The numbers are similar but far larger if you could take all UseNet readers - Google can only track its own views and google is only one of many UseNet providers. It might not even be the largest.