Now what ?

Well , the spinach and lettuce has come up , the bok choy is there from seed that fell before I harvested the pods . And today I tilled the straw from around the potatoes (what a disappointment ...) into the ground to add more organic matter , prepped the area up by the lettuce and planted about 100 garlic cloves . I'm debating with myself whether or not to plant some kale - we've never tried it , might be good in salads . I need to inventory my seed supply , see what else might be a good fall crop , I have about 3-5 rows 25 feet long that are ready to plant ... or I could just let them lie fallow until next spring .
--
Snag

To me kale is a tough leafed bitter form of greens I like it cooked but would struggle with it in a salad, it would take too much chewing, but cooked into chips it would be as nice as croutons.
Mike

Two approaches: plant one of the more tender kales. make "massaged kale" salad, in which you slice fine (chiffonade?), add something acidic like lemon juice, a little olive oil, and knead for a while. SWMBO likes it, if I do the kneading.
Bloke Down The Pub wrote:

It depends on the cultivar. Some kales are tougher than others, some are more bitter than others. Also for salad you should pick the tender young leaves.
I like kale, it is tough, long lasting, nutritious and often pretty to look at, as well as being tasty.
--
David