Nothing like enjoying the fruits of your labor...

Had 2 strawberries so far with quite a few more turning red which tasted so much sweeter than storebought, and some lettuce. Not too much else yet, it's still early in the season here since got such a late start, but I've seen baby cherries on our tree, and the tomato plants are starting to bloom, got a couple baby cayenne peppers, and one of the broccoli plants has a nice head growing. The herbs are happy(especially the mint and sage), and the potatoes, onions, and garlic are prolific as well. And I'm making myself too hungry...
--
What would YOU do for a Klondike Bar?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have to admit my fruits haven't taken too much labor. So far I've harvested red clover, yarrow, chickweed, catnip and plantain. The tomatoes are getting ready to bloom, the potatoes are getting tall, the beans will bloom in a week or so and the garlic has started to fall over.
Kate - off to tranplant some flower seedlings

I'm a full month ahead of the last two years, 2 tomatillos, 5, inch long crooknecks on one plant and others blooming, some Brandywines and San Marzanos in bloom, 2 California Wonders in bloom, lettuce and radishes a couple of times a week, strawberries, onions, celery, and parsley in bloom (yeah, yeah I know but it's purrdy), thyme in bloom, potatoes in bloom, new parsley and cilantro 7 - 13 cm tall, and I learned, to my chagrin, that stinging nettle is a perennial here. Sage has been going nuts (1.5 m. in dia.) for 6 weeks now. It's loaded with bees. Oregano is recovering from transplant, tarragon in full swing, rhubarb ready for picking. Lots of spearmint and peppermint coming up. Considering letting the passion fruit out of its container, and 2 Meyer lemons are in bloom. Ack, and I'm not finished planting.
--

- Billy
I'm not done planting either, now that the weather is finally warming up. Today planted some more herbs(echinacea, sage, lemon basil, and oregano), broom corn, sunberries, garden huckleberries, ground cherries, and more bulls blood beets. I have a baby parsley, and some celery plants(though I cheated and bought them since didn't have any celery seeds). Stinging nettle has cosmetic uses, have been considering harvesting it in the wild or just growing it in containers here. California Wonders as in bell peppers? Don't have rhubarb ready for picking yet, bought 2 crowns this year though, and they're doing fine. Tomorrow wanna find my strawberry spinach seeds. Farmer's market is less than 3 weeks away and I am so not ready...

After getting off to a slow start and not getting hit with heat blasts, I'm looking forward to Sunglow corn, Barker peppers, Wonder peppers, 4 types of Tomatoes..and some scallions planted months ago.
Had good first time luck at the beginning of May with Broccoli and Cauliflower:
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/230/broccolicut.jpg
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/299/cauliflowercut.jpg