Newbie success

Sort of. Of my first 14 plants, 2 tomatoes and 2 canteloupe plants are still thriving (one other tomato plant is still alive, but very wilty and most of the leaves have browned). And, one of the tomato plants has three little baby tomatoes! I know for the rest of you, this would be a poor harvest, but I'm pretty impressed with myself :-)! I have still more blossoms on both tomato plants, and at least one blossom on one of the canteloupe plants, so I'm hoping for the best!
Thanks again for all the help and guidance I've received!
rona (Zone 3)
"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and they will
piss upon your computer."